Whilst using the DV10 we noticed it kept stopping on multiple signals in the 164MHz to 180MHz region that appeared to be AM modulated, when switching the radio to AM we found it was images from the aircraft band, most likely all the images appear at the airband frequency plus the IF signal of 47.25MHz which explains why they appear higher up at VHF, they may also appear at the original frequency minus the IF. Here is a short video demonstrating the problem:-
- AOR DV10 Firmware 1810A – 3 Months On – Same Problems
- AOR DV10 Firmware 1808D – Only If you visit Tokyo!
- AOR DV10 Signal Image Problems Airband Images in 164MHz Region
- AOR DV10 Firmware 1807A Partial Crash No Audio or Digital Decode
- AOR DV10 No Use for SSB/CW on 70cm Due to Frequency Error and Drift